Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a deer and a bear are wandering
in the half melted snow of my back yard
they brawl with each other alternating
with sprawling in sunbeams on their backs
would you like to play pretend
would you like to be the deer or the bear

half thrilled and half disappointed
in myself and my own power
and of course
pleased
with a powerpoint presentation
I made today entitled
things you deliberately set on fire
I spent a lot of time on the
transitions

the dear and the bare
with me through this shift this shit
that I have to shovel
before I can even think
about going outside to play with you
so why did you run off with my wheelbarrow
half full of half meant words stolen
from thoughts I invented for other people

jesus christ man
I didn't even mean it when I prayed
to the bike rack that night
for a savior

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.