Monday, August 24, 2009

think outside the bag of small, delicious nuts

there is a bag
of
Raw Whole Cashews
sitting on my floor

I wish I was raw
I wish I was whole
I wish I was a cashew

life seems much simpler
gift-wrapped in cellophane

today, he asked me if I was happy

a. sometimes the plastic bag
pulled over my head
interferes with the news
and I can suffocate
quietly on current
prevents

b. if time-travel existed
I would go back to the dinosaurs
and make best friends
with a Stegosaurus
both of our brains would atrophy
to the size of walnuts

c. I don't want to live here anymore
unless someone will cover me in Saran Wrap
make pretend that I am a shower curtain
and wash my sadness into a drain
every
single
day

d. the trees were transparent today
I only see in shades of plastic
black and white are for squares

these are all the answers I could have given him
but instead I said

e. To all whom it may concern:
I am happy and I have a smile on my face
If I could choose
paper or plastic
I would of course choose the environmentally
friendly
option

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.