in mrs. peachtree and the eighth avenue cat
a stray tabby follows mrs. peachtree around
she gives him food and calls him names
one day the cat makes a mess and she is mean to him
the cat goes away
for like 10 pages she misses the cat
and hates herself for being mean to it
in the end, the cat comes back
because he loves mrs. peachtree
and she loves him
I fell into a black hole
where the only thing I scream
is
'you were supposed to love me at the end'
'you were supposed to love me at the end'
'you were supposed to love me at the end'
'you were supposed to love me at the end'
but nobody can even
hear that
in a black hole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this poem a lot
ReplyDeletefor various reasons
like the use of repetition
and your ability to tell
stories